Music made with Bitwig - December 2021

XandY - Thoughts

Beneath The Ruin - Uprising

1 Like

Lydon61 - Alpha

4 Likes

I love this vibe, gives me modern 16-bit vibes! This track would be right at home in a shmup :smiley:

SuperActivityLad - Fly Me To The Moon (Vocaloid cover)

2 Likes

Diia Blood - Tall City (Minecraft Fan Made Disc)

1 Like

Live track recording from Bitwig - Polytestrjam5

3 Likes

Posting at the request of icaria36:

A bootleg remix of my buddy Wombaticus Rexā€™s tune 1999: https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/wxPw5
Itā€™s a shame this canā€™t be published in mixes or played live but such is life.

An experimental Neurophonk tune, for the fun of it: https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/MSDta

1 Like

Inverted- Popes - Ambient Twelve Hundred Bitwig Performance

Elixir Swig

New hiphop track ā€œElixir Swigā€ is here! I challenged myself to make this track in a week using software Iā€™m not deeply familiar with (Bitwig) and Iā€™m really happy with how it turned out. I havenā€™t recorded any vocals like this in ages and it was a blast being back at it again. Iā€™m sure the Aesop Rock influence comes through pretty strong (Iā€™ve been listening to Garbology pretty much on loop since it came out and Iā€™ve been really inspired).

This was definitely the most elaborate project Iā€™ve undertaken in Bitwig thus far and Iā€™m loving it more and more. Such an ace DAW. All the drum samples are from @stlndrms fantastic ā€œAll Of The Drumsā€ sample pack bundle.

1 Like

x.iso - Bitwig 4.1 live jam: crunchy slipwaves

Live jamming with few clips from ā€˜anti-loopsā€™ package that make use of operators, sprinkled with some more NoteFX on top.

But the main focus of exploration in this is a bit overengineered solution for custom drawable oscillators in Grid, by oscillating ramp LFO through shaper and then storing it in Array module in Grid, for playback at given pitch.
Since Array is used as oscillator, I have also experimented with modulating itā€™s size or messing with recording speed to introduce artifacts in it. Sometimes it can produce interesting textures. But overall it hits DSP pretty hard for what it does.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Icaria36 invited me to post a track here:

I started working with Bitwig about half a year ago and I love it so far. I had some experience with Ableton a few years back but since then I have everything on Linux at home and Bitwig runs excellent.

This song is the closing song in a series of tracks I made as an experiment with multinote+arpeggiator combinations as well as having a 4/4 kick on a speed less than 120 BPM.

The song is inspired by a day in the summer when I was walking around a beautiful water garden in France and everything, the amount of wind, the heat of the sun, the colours, the sound of the water, the shadowy patches, everything felt just a little bit extra and it felt like I could soar.

2 Likes

very nice textures, particularly in the percussion. I love when a track starts off and you think the beat is somewhere it isnā€™t :smiley:

1 Like

Something I published this month, I hope someone enjoys it :slight_smile:

1 Like

For another project Iā€™m working on I made this track:

Itā€™s two grand pianoā€™s, one has a heavy drone and reverb effect, the other one is plain but later in the track gets an arpeggiator.

This track is part of a project of 130+ BPM tracks, which started as an idea to make more ā€œtraditionalā€ techno tracks but turned out something different but quite accessible imho.

1 Like

Interesting dance between both pianos. They seem to be following the same beat although sometimes I sense some tension and sometimes more balance between both.

thanks for the invite, @icaria36! Hereā€™s a track I think Iā€™ve finally finished: Liquid Crystal

Started out as a Circuit Tracks jam, then refined in Bitwig, then I kinda re-mastered it, and now Iā€™m satisfied enough with the result, to publish it!

2 Likes

This is my second track made with the sounds all coming from Bitwig except most of the drum samples. Definitely turned into one of my favorite tracks. Turn up!

1 Like

Smooth, it enters softly in the brain. :slight_smile: Maybe you wanted it this way, but at least to me the percussion is way louder than other elements like the (your?) voice or that scratching-like sound. These other elements change a lot during the track, so perhaps more prominence for them would give more sauce. Also, very cool and fitting artwork, signed by SIMGart. If you know them, tell them congrats.

Hi everybody, This is my first track made with Bitwig. Iā€™ve been using Reason for a long time but Bitwig fits my workflow much better.

I have been listening to Jazz/Fusion music lately. The solos in this track have been influenced by that.
Please let me know what you think!

2 Likes