Music made with Bitwig - December 2021

yeah this is terrifying, great work :grin:

1 Like

@Fooltopia It did feel fitting, though as far as I’m aware there is no evil AI controlling Omicron :sweat_smile:

@leo.nordmann Please do! Bitwig is an amazing DAW, and it’s funny how it draws really interesting and curious and experimental people to itself too.

@bjorn Making this one was really a big relief for me, in a way. I guess it shows. I made the first draft of this in the weekend after Omicron was first found. This was like a valve for how I felt about that, and I was pretty much able to let it all out and pour it into this piece. It all really came together though when I found somebody who could record the screams.

1 Like

Merry Christmas, And just on time

2 Likes

Cool! This song with its title gives me an impression of someone walking on thick snow against the wind in the middle of the storm. The first appearance of the organ sounded to me a bit out of place. When it comes back one octave lower by the end of the track it sounds (again, to me) more integrated. I also reckon that after 2-3 times it does sound more in place, so maybe it’s just me and my narrow expectations. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@icaria36 Thanks a lot for the feedback! And maybe it is true of what you said, since I have “While making this track” listened to the organ part so many times that I didn’t feel how out of place it is anymore, My idea is that I wanted to mix a lot more sadness into the track and that’s why I decided to keep the organ part “since there was like 4 other replacements xD” if that even makes any sense… :laughing:

1 Like

I like it. I often have the same issue that after listening to a four bar loop for twenty minutes you can’t really tell any more for yourself. I think the organ can have some reverb. All other sounds have a little reverb, like the sounds are carried by the wind. The organ notes have almost no reverb or release. But then again, I like it as it is.

3 Likes

I like this one. With the title, I expected something more chaotic, but it still somehow manages to create a fitting atmosphere. I think it might be because you have a very low bass and a high melody and not much in between. That creates a bit of tension for me.

The only suggestion I have would be a bit more distortion and reverb on the organ.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the feedback, Yes now that I just did it Reverb would’ve done so much better AAA I hate this but alas I get why I didn’t even remember to do that since I rushed this track so hard “I relized it was Christmas soon 2 days before Christmas”

2 Likes

Hello, I made an uplifting trance track as an xmas present for my wife!

Kick made with Kick2, some leads, plucks made with Sylenth, acid riffs made with ABL3, piano motif made with Korg M1 everything else with Bitwig’s Polygrid and Polysynth.

As I knew nothing about uplifting trance I followed this course: https://www.udemy.com/course/how-to-make-uplifting-trance/

3 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty good, especially considering that this is your first uplifting trance track.
I also use Kick2. It’s amazing and your kick sound sounds great :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @Fooltopia! Yeah, I love how you can shape the kick in a very visual way. I bet there is a way to achieve the same effect in the Grid though…

@JarnWood Not as visual as Kick2 does it (I use shaperbox for finetuning volume shapes anyways), but I made a grid device inspired by BigKick which turned out quite nice :slight_smile:

And your track is really cool too!

1 Like

PERMAFRIDAY - Jungle Slang (Glass Animals Tribute)

Triple.U - Lakeside

1 Like

MILLHILL RECORS - No more Sleighbells

Inverted- Popes - Ambient Bitwig & Bioscape Improv | Sunset

EM Sounds - Ocean Beach Timelapse

FEELIN - Howard Hughes

Ensonic-Music - Rebirth

1 Like

Visionseb - Dans la peau d’un Morphix