A convolution reverb native device

A convolution reverb would be a nice high quality addition to the original Reverb device and the Grid Reverb module.

Convolution reverbs use high-quality recordings from actual physical spaces. Someone literally goes out into the world and captures the sonic qualities of a space by making a sound and recording the reverberations that happen afterward. Then, you get to apply that recorded reverb to your audio. (source)

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Bitwig users willing to have a convoluted reverb need use a plugin.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

It would enhance the all-in-one stock devices bundle that Bitwig Studio offers.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

No

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

Don’t think so

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

Yes

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Abelton Live throught M4L, don’t know for the other daws…

Relevant links (optional)

Venus Theory - Convolution, the secret weapon of sound design

4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: [Draft discussion] A convolution reverb native device

A plugin to do convolution would open up so many possibilities.

People know about reverb, but you can use it with all sorts of stuff like distortions, guitar amps, etc.

If this ever gets implemented, I hope it will have true stereo convolution. So IR files will have 4 channels instead of the typical 2 to take into account stuff from the R channel going into L and vice versa.

2 Likes

Yes, a more complex or maybe more complete reverb would be nice. A convolution reverb would be a great addition, the stock reverb is nice but not enough.

Or maybe they can partner with valhalla or liquidsonic to design a built in reverb.

2 Likes

aand it’s here! I think this is a second feature wish here that was implemented?

4 Likes

Yes! Let’s move it to #archive:implemented and let’s liberate 36 votes. :slight_smile:

Just for the record, this was the 10th most voted featured before it was implemented.

2 Likes

AND ITS AWESOME! :smiley: :smiley: I’m extending my license if updates like this keep coming

1 Like