Shortcut to solo multiple tracks after selecting time or clips across tracks in Arranger

Currently the solo shortcut only toggles solo for a single selected track. I’m proposing a function that takes into account all tracks with a time selection or alternatively, tracks with currently selected clips, and allows the user to toggle solo for those tracks all at once. It would speed up soloing workflow and reduce the number of mouse clicks needed

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

The current implementation of multi-track solo (requiring manual selection of tracks in the track header and clicking on the solo button in the inspector) feels tedious and not designed for efficiency.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

By providing a more efficient and intuitive workflow.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Clicking on each track you want to solo.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

Not that I know of

Could it be provided by an STV or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

Not that I know of

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Ableton does this with time selection across tracks in a way that I think would translate perfectly to Bitwig. Logic can do it based on selected clips (regions)

Relevant links (optional)

This is how Ableton handles soloing:

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: [Draft discussion] 2 Shortcut to solo multiple tracks after selecting time or clips across tracks in Arranger