Moving faders/soloing/muting and modifying the routing of many tracks at once

(First time? See Writing a good feature request)

Group-solo/mute and moving faders of many tracks at once should all be fairly easy to offer options.
Having to move every single fader and solo/mute every single track can be quite time consuming.

Being able of setting Input and outputs of many tracks at once is another fundamental one.

Speeding up mixing, reducing unnecessary mouse movements.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

I’d say perfectly…

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

No

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

I don’t think so

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Many DAWs

Relevant links (optional)

1 Like

This other request seems to be related: Shortcut to solo multiple tracks after selecting time or clips across tracks in Arranger

1 Like

Also like with solo/mute/arm, this can be done in the inspector. If you select multiple tracks you can change their gains simultaneously, and the value is changed relatively (so they don’t all get set to the same value but increase/decrease individually based on how much you increase/decrease the values). I do agree that certainly on the mixer being able to move multiple faders etc simultaneously would be good and I’m surprised this isn’t already standard behaviour.

@knoqz are you happy with the alternative mentioned by @bjorn or do you still want to present this feature request?

I still think it should be doable from the mixer and the timeline (as I understood it he would also prefer it that way, I might have misunderstood what he was saying though).

The request also mentions changing routing of many tracks at once (is you want to route many tracks to a new one without grouping them it would be way easier to simply select them all and ALT+Click on the routing or something like that to change that).

I should have also mentioned moving the SEND of many tracks at once! :sweat_smile:

Faders/solo/muting and modifying the routing are different types of actions. Faders/solo/muting is done multiple times during the production process while modifying the in & out of a group of tracks at once is not a frequent action for most people. I think they should be discussed separately.

When it comes to Faders/solo/muting, no matter whether you are on the Mixer or the Arranger, the inspector is right there. Select multiple tracks either in the Arranger or the Mixer and you can change these options at once from the Inspector. No need for an extra click or anything…

The routing of many tracks at once is a different story, because (as far as I can see) that is currently not possible and it takes many clicks indeed. I suggest we focus on this feature here.

there’s no extra click but there surely adds some needless mousing-around and I really don’t see the advantage in not having the mixer/tracks do something so basic without having to reach for the inspector.

I should have split the thread I guess, I was going for a general “track handling workflow enhancement” thing, maybe it was a bit to wide…

1 Like

@knoqz ok, I had to try. :slight_smile: Can you update the description focusing on the Faders/solo/muting, please? I will update the template now.