Gesture to adjust selected tracks height at once

A gesture to adjust the tracks height of only the ones that we select would be very useful. Right now there is a shortcut for this, but a gesture is missing.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

At this moment there is a gesture to adjust height of the tracks all at once (this completely change the view where you were looking at) or one by one. It would be very useful to have a gesture to change the height of selected tracks. For instance, in a big project where you only want to resize height for 4 tracks and not the 30 other ones.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Better workflow.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Enable the shortcuts Zoom In Arranger Lane Heights (Selected Tracks).

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

No

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Relevant links (optional)

Logic Workflow

There is already a key command that does this: It’s called Zoom In Arranger Lane Heights (Selected Tracks). But it would be even better if we could also zoom vertically with a modifier+scroll. There are other feature requests about zooming around here.

1 Like

Oh thank you.
It works.
It would be nice to have it where you select tracks and just resize them the same way you resize 1 track as usual, it would save another shortcut to remember…

Yes, there is Shortcut to zoom vertically and others tagged with #zoom.

also, it would be great to be able to do something to a group of selected tracks like select inputs (the same or cascaded) instantiating sends (same or cascaded).

@noisanceritual do you still want to propose this as a feature request or should we leave it here? In any case, you could write to support@bitwig about it.

@noskrt that would be a separate feature request. :slight_smile:

I already sent requests to their email, they say they will consider but nothing gets done. It’s been a few years now.

1 Like

I see. If you want top keep this request here, can you update it to say that only the gesture is missing (given that the shortcut already exists), please?

sure, i added it in the first post of the thread but i can’t edit the title anymore because it shows a disabled mouse icon.

Thank you, @noisanceritual. I have edited the request further for consistency, and I have moved it to #features.

Hi there,

It would be great if you could improve the vertical zoom in the Arranger ?
Not sure if this specific to Mac OS but there is not way to increase the vertical height of tracks directly in the arranger.
I know it can be done by clicking on the bottom of a track and pulling down or up but this can be tedious when using the trackpad.
Ableton does it (but only per focused track) but I would like it to work like it does in Logic ideally (Alt + middle-mouse-button/or 2 fingers on trackpad).
It makes the workflow way faster when you have a lot of tracks.
Zoom out to keep tracks small when moving things around, zoom in to modify clips or better view wavforms, edit… them zoom back to see them all again… etc …

Logic Workflow

Hi there,
The topic above is not exactly the same (It is about redimensioning 1 track only).
This new one I am opening is about zooming in/out the whole Arranger from the mouse position (which makes more sense for fast editing)
Can it be kept separate as a distinct feature request?

I used the “zoom in arranger lane heights” shortcut that you can setup in the shortcut configs, works great, i use CTRL combined with + on the keyboard numpad. It would be a lot better to have a modifier key + scroll on the mouse but…

it’s crazy how some things are very advanced and yet some basic stuff other daw have bitwig does not, like if you have multiple tracks and want to assign a specific input or output for all of them at once, i dont think you can do it in bitwig…

You are commenting on the topic i created in 2023 about multiple tracks at once… that’s not your new topic…

I am not against shortcuts but I like it better when all can be done with the mouse while I hold it :wink: … ALL the other daws have that “feature” … it’s basic workflow imho

I know it’s not, but my topic was closed and merged to this one :wink:

oh i did not know it was merged…
just use the shortcut from this topic but on 1 track it works, until they add a simpler way with the mouse only…

Yes it was, no worries :wink:
I assigned the “zoom in arranger lane heights” shortcuts and it works fine when you select a track (Thank You). However if do not select a track it zooms out for sure but does not remember where you were … so you have to move back up or down … Anyways … I hope they will implement the mouse one that everybody else have :wink:
Cheers

@pantoniotti your description and animation seemed to fit the discussion here, and this is why I moved your post.

Also note that the Bitwog team may or may not read this discussiion, and you are encouraged to send your requests to Bitwig support directly.

2 Likes