Dragging automation within a selected range creates isolated automation adjustment

Dragging automation within aselected range creates isolated automation adjustment. (adding 2 nodes at each edge)

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

It’s a quick, neat way to create a region where the automation is a different value from the rest of the track (eg. an area where the volume needs to come down by a few db, or the pan needs to be in a different place etc.)

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

After selecting a region in a track, hovering the cursor over the automation line will highlight the region to adjust, then click and dragging up/down will adjust the region (including offsetting any automation already applied within the region)

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Currently the only way I know is to manually add the 2 nodes at each edge before selecting the inner nodes and dragging up/down

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

Don’t know

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

Not sure

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Ableton Live, Logic Pro and probably others

Relevant links (optional)

Apr-05-2022 11-32-08 v2

2 Likes

You can also add that Logic Pro also has this feature. I would freaking LOVE this in bitwig, I do this a lot and it would save so much time to not have to setup all the notes manually.

1 Like

Is this request the same as Easy creation/vertical movement of straight line automation segments?

Ah, you’re right yes it is!

It’s great that someone else has already got this one going, but I’m not sure the title does it for me… Not an easy feature to give a name to but for me the “straight line” part of the title is a bit misleading. Of course i’m happy to go with the majority but maybe the feature could get more attention with a better title?
(not sure if this post might be better off in the Easy creation/vertical movement of straight line automation segments page, i’m new here!)

@apeshake, let’s continue the discussion here: Easy creation/vertical movement of straight line automation segments

I’m archiving this request.