Dedicated Settings Management

At the moment, there is just one setting (especially audio I/O and controller options) that applies to all projects.

Feature Request to have an improved handling of settings, so they can be saved/recalled indepently of a project. Make this optional (“advanced box in save project dialog”), so existing workflow is maintained for all people who don´t use this feature.

This would solve ergonomic issues for users working in complex setups. It would also allow for easy development of different setups, as you can have a number of different settings and always return to your standard setup with a simple “load setup”.

This makes Bitwig more usable in situations with complex setups such as large number of I/O, changing I/O hardware (laptop live vs in studio), changing controller setups.

If you want to run project and quickly swap setups, there is no way to achieve this.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

No.

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No.

Are there other products that offer this feature?

I can´t tell.

Relevant links (optional)

More details and discussion: Settings Management