A native device akin to the ableton's "looper" device

a looper device with overdub and bpm detection like ableton’s looper

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Well first of all I’ve seen quite a bit of posts about improving live looping in bitwig, but atop of that I’ve developed a workflow on creating quick loops to use in production using this device in ableton

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

I think it fixes a couple of problems, mainly bitwig needs to improve it’s automatic tempo detection for this to work well

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

I’m not familliar with any plugins that would do this because it requires bpm detection, but if anyone is has tried making something like this in the grid or there are presets that achieve this I would be greatful if you shared them :slight_smile:

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

I do not think it would

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

I also don’t think it would since it would need to auto detect tempo and change the global tempo to it

Are there other products that offer this feature?

as mentioned ableton

Relevant links (optional)

this is most akin to how I use the device

and this video just goes over the general featureset of how it works in ableton

Hi @lima7134, this is a duplicate of Looper & Live-Looping Functions isn’t it? Please vote that feature request and feel free to contributing to improve it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.