Use midi source for effect modulator on audio track

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

I want to module effects in bitwig using a midi device, while recording from an analog audio source.

For example in order to change something on the delay effect, like the feedback or whatever, while playing guitar, with my foot.

While it is possible to select “All ins” for a source

This doesn’t do anything. This modulator for example always stays off:

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

The modulation system in Bitwig Studio allows you to use Macro controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelopes to modulate any device, VST plug-in, or hardware parameter.

let your hardware control Bitwig Studio

…unless you are modulating recorded audio with midi devices

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

It is possible to do this via a “Prodject” modulator

but I don’t want to clutter my project modulators for this.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

I don’t know

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

I don’t think so

Are there other products that offer this feature?

I don’t know

Relevant links (optional)

good god finally.

right click on a knob, “Map to controller or key”, then use the midi device once so that it recognizes it.

However, this doesn’t allow the same amount of control as with modulators. I can’t control how much I want to turn the knob when pressing my midi button.

For this you need to add a “button” modulator, map it to the midi controller, and then record an automation for the button.

I guess this can be closed then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.