The possibility to save default presets in the Grid, and in more situations

Hello everybody, i would like if there was an option to save default presets for single modules in the Grid, and also when dropping a sample on a Drum Machine or a new track, i think it would help people speed up their workflows.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

My annoyances with Bitwig right now.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

It improves the product by adding quality of life things.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

No.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

I don’t think so.

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No.

Are there other products that offer this feature?

A lot of them have the same problems, and have workarounds, the only other program that comes to mind that has the possibility to have sefault samplers when dropping samples on a Drum Rack is Ableton Live.

Relevant links (optional)

None.

Hi @mattio

You can create a Grid preset where you have your own library of modules, tuned as you wish, and then you can copy specific modules and paste them in your new projects. Would this work?

In Bitwish we do one topic per feature request instead of having different requests in one, for better assessmemt and discussion. Still, these ones seem to be implemented already? You can create your own Drum Machine presets. And if you want to have specific samples always placed in speciric tracks, you can create a new project, place your tracks and samples, and then save that project as a template.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.