Tempo markers on the ruler

how it might look like:
2021-12-19_18-36-50

Today in Bitwig it is possible to draw tempo automation on the master track. But this is not very convenient, since the master track is constantly hidden from view. Also, it is inconvenient to write exact values there.

2 Likes

I cannot say much because I realize that so far I have kept the tempo on tracks. I guess in many cases, these tempo changes are seldom and quite static? Cue markers could be used to locate them.

I, for example, could use tempo changes when working on multiple songs within the same project. There are also songs with a change of tempo. And yes, these are usually static changes. Smooth deceleration or acceleration is rarely used.

I find this could be useful for me. Making a game level, I need to sync up tempo with the editor.
Some Ideas

• Add tempo change like cue markers: It is reflected on tempo automation
  • Not only markers, all tempo changes are highlighted. (Maybe we can mark with different colors like stock chart :chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend:)
    Note that tempo starts to slow down from 2.1.4 to 2.2.2. Ideally these highlight should reflect automation shape between cue markers.
1 Like

we need to pay attention to the following behavior:
tempo

Oh, that can be even nicer. We can just pin tempo automation on the top.
And yeah Bitwig needs more way for editing automations as described in your pic.

1 Like

also note that the tempo track may be flattened and ergonomically adjacent to other markers on top
tempo2

1 Like

Should this topic be moved to #drafts ?

1 Like

Maybe being able to pin the master track so it doesn’t hide while scrolling would solve half of the problem. Although I like the position of the tempo track at the top. And maybe we should wait - maybe someone will suggest some more ideas.

2 Likes

@here Hi, are you interested in submitting this request to #drafts using the standard template (for consistency with all the other feature requests)?

1 Like

Yes I agree.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.