Support looping sfz multisamples

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Sfz samples like sustained violins are not being looped.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Given that professional commercial instrument plugins are (usually?) not supported in linux, being able to use sfz multisamples is really important to still get a variety of good-sounding instruments working. Bitwig already has sfz support, but it seems to be rather limited in functionality.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Using vsts.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

I don’t know

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

sfizz can do it, which is open source GitHub - sfztools/sfizz: SFZ parser and synth c++ library, providing AU / LV2 / VST3 plugins and JACK standalone client

but having this supported natively in bitwig is more comfortable, because it allows browsing sfz multisamples via bitwigs menu, and because it is possible to add some to the favorites.

Are there other products that offer this feature?

I don’t know

Relevant links (optional)

This is not a recent bug, as it has been reported three years ago here already (the newest comment of that thread): sfz support - Bitwig Forum - KVR Audio

2 Likes

The attack and release configuration from sfz multisamples also doesn’t seem to be supported by Bitwig, but at least this can be configured manually without too much trouble

1 Like

GitHub - davem2/sfz2bitwig: Convert .SFZ files into Bitwig Studio multisample instruments. can create .multisample files from .sfz files that loop properly in bitwig, with correct attack.

I hope the source-code of this and sfizz can help bitwigs engineers to implement this more easily :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tobi0760935 this request is now on #features. Remembet you can (and you are expected to) vote yoir own feature requests.

1 Like