Shortcut to zoom vertically

(Describe your feature request in a way that a Bitwig newcomer can understand. Optionally, fill the sections below. If you don’t have time now it’s ok, you or others can work on this draft later. For more information, see Writing a good feature request)

(The shortcut suggested is Ctrl+Alt+MW)

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

Could it be provided by an STV or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Relevant links (optional)

This would improve my life exponentially, but only if they could make the display center on the currently selected track like Logic does. That should be part of the request IMO, otherwise it’s a constant dance of zooming and then scrolling to re-find where you were. Ableton has the same centering problem. Also, I would gladly accept any combination of modifiers for this, not sure if a specific one needs to be in the title of the feature request.

2 Likes

True. Bitwig completely looses focus whenever you switch between small & large track heights or changing vertical size of tracks with new shortcuts added in v4. I suspect that’s why they’ve not added it yet.

This is a good point. I’ll edit the title to make it generic, and add the suggested combination to the description.

Since there’s already a keyboard shortcut for vertical zooming, it probably makes sense to specify that this is a request for scroll wheel function

1 Like

There’s another request in draft for vertical zoom using a pinch gesture. Could this perhaps be merged?

I think they’re different use cases, to be honest, and feature requests should ideally be constrained in scope. If I was a bitwig dev, I wouldn’t want to have one ticket for two completely independent features.

1 Like

We can still link to each other in the Links section.

I have added a link to Vertical pinch zoom gesture in the description.

This feature request has 6 votes. Not bad! Does anyone want to work on the description?

Pinging this conversation before it is closed automatically for lack of activity.

This request has 7 votes but no owner. Who wants to adopt it and draft a description?