Save as wav file option in save clip or scene function

Drag and drop audio from the arrange page into the browser with the option to save as wav. file.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

This would allow you to save your files into a folder in your browser as wav files. Currently it’s only possible to drag and drop as clips or scenes making saving your own samples a bit of a long process having to go to the current project bounces and then moving them to the folder you have set up for your own sounds.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

This would fit in because of Bitwig’s awesome sound design capabilities therefore being able to save what you create to a personal folder should be easier.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Currently you have to go to current project, bounces and then move the file to your personal sample folder or drag any audio clip from editor page to a folder on desktop but unfortunately all involve having to work outside of Bitwig.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

No.

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Ableton Live and Studio One.

Relevant links (optional)

1 Like

Hi @Etude, welcome to Bitwish. About your request, what about this?

1. Click on an audio clip in the arranger or the clip launcher. The audio event will appear on the bottom panel.
  2. Put your mouse pointer on the waveform of the audio you want. Right click. A dialog will appear.
  3. Select “Reveal file”. The folder with the wav file will open.

Yes this is an option or just to have the project folder open but it’s a little long winded that way when for example making sample collections it would be nice to just drag the audio into the browser and have the option to save as wav same as you can when saving clips or scenes but save as wav should be included as an option to make this whole process quicker.

1 Like

@Etude, your request is now on #features .

Could you edit the description and add specific DAWs that have this feature, please?

Not sure how to edit the original post but other daws I have used which allow you to do this are ableton and studio 1… Its a very minor thing as there is also the option to drag any audio clip from the editor view to your desktop or folder on your desktop but unfortunately not to the browser within bitwig which means having to come out of bitwig everytime you want to save an audio file as a wav. This can be a problem when making very large sound collections and libraries which involves repeating the action of saving audio many times and having to exit bitwig everytime is a bit annoying when the option to just drag into the bitwig browser where you have your folders set up would for that specific work, make life easier.

You can click the Edit button at the end of the top post.

All I’m asking is the name(s) of the DAW(s) you know have this feature. :slight_smile:

Not seeing an edit button anywhere,the daws I know that have this function are Ableton and Studio 1

See the “Edit” button at the end of the post (only the icon if you are on mobile browser). Anyway, I have done the changes. This request is ready. Thank you!

Thanks for doing that, not sure why but as you can see I don’t have that option.

1 Like

Sorry, my bad, I had forgotten that editing is not allowed for new accounts to prevebt spam/vandalism. You should be able now.

1 Like