Resize multiple events in a group track all at once

Let’s say you record multiple tracks at once with mics. All theses tracks are in a group track. You can move theses tracks all at once by clicking on the region in the group track. But you can not resize the length of theses tracks all at once by resizing the region in the group track.

It would save a lot of time to be able to click the region on the group track and resize it, it would automatically resize all tracks within that group.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Time saver for editing drum tracks or any multi track instruments.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Workflow feature.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Right now you have to select all the tracks in the group to be able to resize them all at once and the problem with that is you have to put the mouse cursor in a specific area to be able to click and drag the mouse to select them all, and often there is regions around them so it’s harder to select them without moving the other regions that are close to them.

You can also select the group in one click, and then drag the Length in the Inspector (left column), or type the value you want.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

No

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Relevant links (optional)

You can also select the group in one click, and then drag the Length in the Inspector (left column), or type the value you want. No need to aim for tiny corners this way.

That works indeed thank you, but it’s far quicker to resize it with the mouse on the corners of the region for me and i don’t see why it could not have this super simple feature added to behave like it’s contained tracks.

1 Like

Sure, I just wanted to provide another alternative. I have moved your request to #features. Could you update the screenshot to remove that white strip at the top, please?

yes sure, i will use your alternative meanwhile.
I updated the picture, i have no idea why there was a white band, my original picture did not have it on my computer.

1 Like

Remember that you can vote your own requests. Everyone can vote up to 10 requests.

great, thanks !