I’d really like to see some physics simulation type modulators in Bitiwg, and we already got 2 related devices for this, but they’re specific for note modulations.
Let’s think of modulator types that would be not too intense for modulator usage, but useful. Here’s first suggestion:
Attractor/Repeller XY particle simulation
similar to XY pad, but the position dot serves as either attractor or repeller, while ‘particles’ spawn with voices. we can then have following parameters:
- Particle spawn distance from pointer
- Particle spawn position in degrees around pointer
- Particle entry angle on spawn
- Particle initial velocity (could be tied to velocity expression)
- Attractor/Repeller pointer mode switch
- Pointer gravity well diameter
- Pointer gravity strength
- Walls behavior: bounce/wrap
- Speed limits: min/max
- Particle interaction level (which will create a gravity force for particle as well within some boundaries. potentially if you map polyphonic modulator to this, like Velocity/Pressure expression, then each particle will have different gravity, or even fluctuating, making for quite complex movements)
Such modulator will have just one mod out per axis (X,Y), with one particle per voice.