Note clip device

I wish there was a Note FX device that plays back a note clip that’s stored inside it.

One would craft the note clip in a regular manner, and then drag-and-drop it into the device. The device would respond to any input note with simply playing back the note clip while the gate is open.

The use case I have in mind is that I could fill a Drum Machine with such note clip devices, a kind of a melody or rhythm bank triggerable with a single key. I currently do a primitive version of this with Arpeggiator devices loaded into the drum machine slots, but they’re obviously very limited compared to full clips with operators and all, and polyphony is a PITA.

I know it’s not nearly as simple as it sounds and a proper specification would take pages, but I think you get the idea. What do you think?

2 Likes

Hi @paipa, welcome to Bitwish.

Isn’t the Clip Launcher an option here? Do you need to stick to the arranger?

Feel free to submit a request on #drafts if you want that other users vote on it.

No, the idea is that I could load up to 128 note clips into a drum machine and I could trigger any one of them with a press of a key (“key” as in MIDI note).

Sure, you can launch clips with the Clip Launcher, but my suggestion (a clip player note fx) would allow something similar on steroids.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.