I would love to have native* window decorations for plug-in windows in Bitwig Studio, so I made a Q&D mock-up illustrating the feature.
*Native as in Bitwig Studio native, not OS specific.
This is by no means a design proposal. Just a rough mock-up of the desired functionality.
I thought that the following elements would be useful in the top-bar of such native window decorations (see mock-up):
- Enable/Disable toggle
- Preset selection button
- Save preset button
- Channel/Device selector drop-down
- Close control
- Additionally: Pin window button (not currently visible in my mock-up)
- Ability to enable/disable plug-ins from the plug-in window
- Ability to load and save presets from the plug-in window
- Ability to jump between channels/devices in one and the same plug-in window
One of Bitwig Studio’s strengths is its streamlined workflow. It id tedious to open/close plugin windows constantly. Having a Bitwig native window decoration with specific functionality would enhance the workflows around third party plugins.
Many other DAWs provide similar features.