My wishlist for bitwig

(First time? See Writing a good feature request)

hey guys
I’m an Ableton Live user and stumbled across bitwig lately and I kind of fell in love with it to be honest

however I’m missing a few features (nothing crazy here, only improvements to what’s already there)

1. ctrl+F
    this is one of the best features in Ableton’s browser. one key command that will go to the search line in the browser no matter where you are in the project. huge time saver

2. search all on browser
    instead of having to choose if you want to search samples, devices, presets etc., you can search all. again, this coupled with the ctrl+f is a huge time saver. bitwig’s browser is so insane but it misses these two features to make our lives easier

3. defaults for samplers and drum machine
    its great that we have templates, and we also have defaults for every plugin and device. that’s great. however, we need a default state of a sampler, with our custom macros and remote controls. i know you can actually save a default preset for the sampler however it only works when you manually create a sampler device. if you drag a sample from the browser to a midi track it will create a sampler that does not have the default preset, and same goes for the drum machine. funny enough this is a deal breaker for me at the moment as it makes programing drums on the drum machine really time consuming. i have to switch all the samplers to one shot manually etc. yes i know you can right click a parameter and apply it to all cells in the drum machine but again, if i drag a new sample after that ill have to do it again. sampler needs to remember its default state in every situation it is used it and maybe we also need a default preset specifically for drum machine cells.

4. defaults for tracks
    another deal breaker for me. I want to be able to have certain chains and plugins to be automatically created on every track I create. for example I want every track i create to have my “Track Sauce” chain on it. this is my basic chain that goes on every track with basic controls like lo and hi cut, ott, compression etc.

5. better sampler features
    not a deal breaker but would be great if the sampler would have a warp function, and even better if it had a slicing feature. its actually quite strange that this sampler can be so advanced with multi-samples and everything but does not support warp or slicing

these are the things that i miss the most at the moment and these keep me from switching from ableton to bitwig… again as i said its nothing crazy, just improvements to what’s already there.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Relevant links (optional)

Hi @Jordi , I have moved this proposal to #brainstorm because, as it is now, it cannot be processed as a feature request. Check Writing a good feature request to see how this list could be converted in several requests. If you have any questions, please ask.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.