Midi comping is on the top of my personal Bitwig wish list, by a large margin.
It would really improve my workflow and help keep me in a creative groove. Love Bitwig, but I’d love it even more with this feature.
yeah, it’s been years… the midi comping and editing features have not received much love from the developers… same with the audio engine… Bitwig is way ahead on many (interesting) features but in darkage with others…
I consider Bitwig an experimental stereo (zero support for other serious mixing formats) toy, it is quite useless for any “proper” composer, sound designer or producer working in anything other than stereo…
Hello, first comment here, experimenting working with Bitwig on few projects, love a lot of things aout the workflow, notably modulation architecture and keyboard navigation etc, but I miss playlists (audio, midi and why not automation), music is like any other art a matter of choices and being able to compare multiple takes, different ideas on the fly as you can do in protools or more recently Ableton became an absolute necessity, I know there is workarounds but this is a lot of time wasted and less time for being creative and keep focus. I think protools is still the best for that but use it only for mixing and tracking live music as it is not as fast for other task, doesn’t have session view etc… so kind of stuck with Ableton… playlists + grooves and you got me for ever ! Thanks a lot