Keytrack Sidechain

I’d like to modulate a filter on an audio track, based on the note on a separate instrument track.

The keytrack modulator doesn’t have a sidechain feature:

And the note sidechain modulator isn’t for keytracking:

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

See description, I guess. I can’t control a filter based on another midi track.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Can’t find one.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

I don’t know

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

I don’t think so

Are there other products that offer this feature?

I don’t know

Relevant links (optional)

@tobi0760935 In the Filter+ device you can define a Note Source in the inspector panel:

Then you can use the Keytrack+ modulator to pick those notes and modulate any parameters of the Filter+ device.

Does this solve your problem?

Thanks! For the filter in particular, yes. This is very good to know.

Turns out you can also open the Filter+ device and turn the key tracking knob up, after selecting the Note Source:

Another option I just found is to add the modulator to the track, instead of a specific effect:

Then click on “AUDIO 1” in this example, and select the midi track in the “Inspector Panel” like this (I also had to make sure that the selected track wasn’t receiving input from my midi keyboard, otherwise it would overwrite the tracked notes):

This modulator can then be used on any effect in the chain.

But you can’t have multiple note sources like this, one for each modulator.

Since the first option is limited to Filter+, and the second option has the aforementioned downside while also being comparatively hidden, I still think a proper sidechain modulator for keytracking would be nice.