Incoming Midi Tempo Recording

I suppose you could bounce the time stretched audio, depending on your use case, and you can globally unlatch. But I’m 100 percent sure I’ve seen this feature in other Daws

It is absolutely a feature in other daws, at least Cubase (time warp), Reaper (needs a sws extension) and Logic (tempo free record).

I need to keep it midi, because I want to modify it if needed.
Just allowing the a midi track to be “raw mode” like audio track can could be a good start.

And you have audio files you want to timestretch?

Not exactly, but on your OT, you have put a link to the excellent Logic’s feature “free tempo recording”. I figured it was what you wanted, and that’s also something I want.
It’s not for audio, it’s for being able to record without the metronome (gives feeling, more musicality), but then, being able to ad other stuf to the song, especially synced fx, drum track, etc. things that need to be on the beat. So, the ideai is to move the beat bars according to what was recorded, rather than quantize the recorded track.
If you have an audio track, you can do that, but if it’s midi, you cant’t : as soon as you insert a tempo variation, the notes will follow. I’d like the notes to stay still, wether you set 120bpm or 163bpm to the project.

No, slightly different, I am Djing on one computer and I have the tempo going out to another computer running bitwig, and I want the computer recording to record the tempo as the set changes speeds, so i can stem separate the set in post and run a bunch of midi arpeggiators that will sync to the tempo changes recorded when i recorded the set

Oh ok, so nothing to do with the Logic’s free tempo record.
You may, perhaps, use use the DJ sound to trigger a tap tempo : audio level of the kick -->> trigger a cc or shortcut -->> tap tempo. Just an idea, but here stops my experience

(Still, I would vote for a free tempo recording ala Logic :wink:

Read my previous comments on this post for a better solution I already figured out, that works ish, i need the tempo to record and track live with the recording so i can add in arpeggiators live