I Do Not Like The New Bitwig Browser!

(First time? See Writing a good feature request)

Please bring back the option to use the old Browser.

1. What problem(s) would this feature resolve? The new browser has destroyed my workflow entirely. They finally add the envelopes I want but force us to use this browser that is utterly confusing. Bringing back the old browser will give me hope that I can move beyond V4.

2. How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product? I am a V1 user and every update until now has been excellent. Not good, but excellent. This one stops me in my tracks. I just can not get used to this new Browser and fear I might be stuck on V4 forever.

3. Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig? There used to be.

4. Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support? No!!

5. Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig? No!!

6. Are there other products that offer this feature? No !! Bitwig has become my main DAW. I can no longer live without it. The new browser is just too cumbersome. The one before was perfect!

1 Like

@Bhang I’m moving your request to #brainstorm because Bitwig clearly won’t bring back the old browser. The new browser brings a new paradigm, some users likke it, some don’t, and some didn’t like the change at the beginning and now they are ok with it.

If you have specific feature requests to improve the current browser, please submit them to #drafts.

I beg you, add option to enable old simple browser as the new one totally ruins my workflow and as I see it is also a problem of many other users.

all I want to see is Devices ( instruments, effects) and my own libraries of samples. not a multibillion presets lists and categories for those presets and collections and stuff… it really slows down my workflow and is frustrating every time I want to find my plugin

also previous search engine was way more clever. now when I type EQ in search bar… I can’t even find such a obvious vst like Pro-Q3

@norbertn I have moved your post here, for the same reasons shared in my previous comment above.

Also, if you want to say something to the Bitwig team, the best way to do it is to write them directly. Posting your message on Bitwish (a volunteer project) is no guarantee that they will see it.

For what is worth, you can do this with the new browser too.

2 Likes

giphy-downsized

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.