[FOR SALE] Bitwig Studio 4.x with upgrades until 22 Nov 2022

Sorry if OT and I’m aware most here probably already have Bitwig, but perhaps you have friends looking for a license? :slight_smile:

They can get mine here:

Why? Are you abandoning Bitwig for real?

1 Like

Yes.

Don’t get me wrong - all the new stuff added in 4.x (or since 3.x) is brilliant, innovative and great; but it distracts me from actually making and finishing music. I can get lost for hours, days and weeks tweaking single track, clip or sound. But I’m 45, with a full time non-music job, wife & 3 kids and I don’t have the time for it with 2-4h of spare time a week for music… Sure, someone with greater self-control probably could pull themselves out of that rabbit hole, perhaps bounce stuff to audio and move on, but that’s just not me, at least not when it comes to a hobby.

So a different DAW, with much less flexibility but a better song workflow (likely Studio One, maybe Cubase depends on what they do with v12) seems like a smarter choice for me. I’ll probably regret not having so much control & flexibility, but - hopefully - I’ll be actually able to finish stuff. Since mid-2018 when I switched to Bitwig (from Live Suite 9.7, then Reason 10) I haven’t finished anything, although I’ve 10+ tracks that are 70-80% complete. And for me Bitwig really “sucks” at those last 20-30%.

That’s my fault, not Bitwig’s or Bitwig Studio’s.

But that doesn’t change the fact I need to switch something up, because obviously I can’t expect Bitwig to cater to my shortcomings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I was afraid you’re done with music, it is great to know that you will continue your musical journey.
DAW is a tool, just like plugins and it doesn’t really matter which one you’re using, everyone needs to find their own tools, their own way.
So I wish you a better workflow, music is a fantastic hobby after all. Good luck!

1 Like

If you know someone looking for a license, please direct them to my listing - I can go down on the price a bit, too.

Currently off-topic indeed but maybe people find this useful. I’ll set a timer for 7 days and then close it unless someone has better ideas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.