Edit Parameter Values While In Modulation Map Mode

Allow the ability to edit parameter values while in modulation map mode. As a suggestion, two different ways to implement this:

1. Hold ctrl while in modulation mode to toggle it off/on
  2. Make a shortcut to a ‘last tweaked modulator’ which you can basically press that shortcut key to toggle on/off the last modulator that was used.

Here is a video explaining anyone that wants to understand what I’m suggesting:

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Allows the user to toggle the current modulation on/off easily which allows for quicker sound design edits.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Ultimately, modulation is the core of sound design in Bitwig and this will make the modulation experience faster and more enjoyable.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

No

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

Not to my knowledge

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Pigments allows you to modulate a parameter with the ring around the knob and edit the value at the same time.

Relevant links (optional)

3 Likes

I think that’s a great idea and it’s well presented with the video.

I don’t like this suggestion. It seems overly complicated. A modifier key would be the simplest solution.

Alternatively, the Arturia (e.g. Pigments) style ring would also be cool, but that would require everyone to adjust to a new interface which might not be very popular.

2 Likes

How does Bitwish pick and choose what a feature request is or not?

I feel like this is extremely useful and I don’t want it to be ignored.

1 Like

They usually give other people a chance to chime in before promoting it. Since there has already a discussion in #brainstorm, it should be fine to promote.

Usually @icaria36 handles this, but he hasn’t been around for a few days. maybe he’s on vacation or something.

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like

I’m very sorry. I was very busy and we need more moderators. I’ll check this feature request later today.

1 Like

Your Prayers where heard!

From the bitwig 5.0 demo changelog!
" * While in modulator mapping mode, holding [ALT] will let you interact with parameters normally (so hold [ALT] to adjust parameter values, then let go to return to modulator mapping)"

https://downloads.bitwig.com/5.0%20Beta%201/Release-Notes-5.0%20Beta%201.html

2 Likes

Thank you for spotting this, @JakeX! @here Moving this request to #archive:implemented.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.