[Draft discussion] Spectral resynthesis and effects in The Grid

I like this request so much and I just have to clean my backlog of Bitwish tasks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was trying to find a simple and generic explanation of “spectral resynthesis” to link to, but couldn’t find any. I ended up finding tutorials of specific synths or quasi-academic articles. If this is simply hard to explain, so be it. Otherwise, it would be useful to have an explanation.

I was also wondering why only The Grid (the same thought would go for Additive synthesis in The Grid). Once you have the module in The Grid, why not offering it in a plain instrument as well. Could this be an addition to Polymer, which is a hybrid Grid / no-Grid instrument anyway?

1 Like

I just found and played a bit with Bitwig Preset: Audio Resynthesizer 1.11. Even if it is basic resynthesis (not basic from a Grid perspective!), would it make sense to add it to the “Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?” section?

1 Like

@here I have copy-edited the description just a bit. Please review. If nobody has any blockers, we can promote this request to #features in a couple of days.

1 Like

Looks great. Thanks.

1 Like