[Draft discussion] Note sidechain trigger in all modulators

How are you envisioning the implementation of this feature? Note Sidechain cannot integrate all modulators, and adding a Note Input selector to all modulators sounds impractical.

Maybe a “Note Input” modulator where you can select the Track Source. Then you click its modulation routing button and then select the modulator(s) you want to trigger with it.

We already have the note sidechain, but all you get is an adsr envelope. I was just thinking it would be cool if modulators had a little icon for “gate” or “trigger”, that would open up a menu, just like the menu on the “note sidechain” modulator, where you could route in a midi source for triggering the modulators.

This also is definitely not one of my top requests. I’ve just been using the note sidechain modulator a lot myself lately, but really wishing I could easily trigger more interesting modulations than a simple adsr from a note sidechain. So, I figured I would throw the idea out there.

1 Like

Ok, so you are proposing a new option to be added to all modulators. Re-reading your request I can see that this is what you are asking, but the language is ambiguous and I think your request can be understood in other ways as well. With this in mind, could you review your description and make it more clear that this a functionality that would be added to all modulators, please?

1 Like

Hi, I just rewrote the description. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

1 Like

Thank you. I have just copyedited a bit, and I hope I haven’t changed any intended meaning.

If nobody objects, this draft will be promoted to #features in a couple of days.

1 Like

I slightly tweaked the description, because it seemed a little confusing to me. For 1, you had said “beyond the basic lfo” but, the lfo doesn’t have external note triggering. Only the Note Sidechain does. So, hopefully I clarified that. Let me know if it makes sense.

I also added an example of why you would want this feature under “What problem(s) would this feature resolve?”

1 Like