[Draft discussion] Native Autotune device

Hi @fusterclucker , welcome!

Is this the same request as Pitch correction while editing audio clips?

1 Like

no, this one is about device rather than clip editing capabilities

1 Like

OK, I understand now. I wonder whether Audio Random Access (ARA2) support is required before addressing this request.

@fusterclucker it wold be great if you could edit the description to add at the very beginning a short explanation of this feature requested. Then, in the section about problems to solve the idea is to explain what do you want to achieve that you can’t now with Bitwig components.

ARA support needed to make possible 3rd party autotune editing for clips, instead of making such editor in-house. and there are other things ARA is required for when it comes to 3rd party plugins interacting with DAW

Proud for having found a great image to illustrate this feature request. :slight_smile:

I have reviewed the description. Please check it out. If nobody has any objections, I will promote this draft to #features in a couple of days.

I am so sorry I haven’t checked back in on this - I’ve been super busy with non-music things.

Not sure how to edit that post, in retrospect, so what I’d add is desired functionality:
Having a plugin similar to the vocoder in that it requires a carrier device (not set by default), but with a GUI that tracks how off-pitch something is. Being able to alter the speed of the correction, the range that it corrects, and the mix would be a good basic start but I’m open to other ideas.

1 Like

No worries! You should be able click an Edit button at the bottom left corner of the first post.

I apparently am blind. I edited the original post to include some basic implementation ideas.

1 Like

This is exactly what you were expected to do. All good. :slight_smile:

I have moved your description of the feature requested to the first section, which is where the other requests are being described as well.

This draft looks good! If nobody has any objections, I will promote it to #features in a couple of days.

1 Like

Sorry, this week has been pretty crazy at work. I’m promoting this request now.