[Draft discussion] Multiple midi inputs for modules in The Grid

Thank you! We just rewrote Writing a good feature request (the first post, you can skip the discussion) and there are some ideas that could help improving this draft. Please check it out.

I checked it out. Is this better?

Would “Multiple midi inputs for modules in The Grid” cover what you have in mind? I think it explains the feature in simpler terms.

Midi In and Note Receiver modules is one possible implementation, but does it need to be done this way? Why two separate modules? Would a midi source selector like in the arranger be enough to fulfill this request? I’m asking only to understand.

The only reason I put it that way is that those 2 concept that already exist in bitwig, one is the basic midi routing of tracks, the other is a device, so I’m basically saying “let us access those functions from inside the grid as well”. But yes, you’re right, multiple midi in is what we’d be actually asking for here.

I think the best way to put it is that we need a MIDI IN module that would act just like the note receiver (as in: breaking the connection between the object we connect it to and the track’s midi input) but that would also allow to select either external controllers and cross-tracking routing (while note receiver only allows for the latter).

(I edited the body of the post a bit but it won’t let me edit the title.)

1 Like

I have edited the description a bit. What do you think? If there are no objections, I will promote this draft to #features in 24 hours.

1 Like

read this now, looks good to me! :+1:

1 Like