[Draft discussion] Easy creation/vertical movement of straight line automation segments

@brain_tan thanks for the suggestion, this is a nice idea that would definitely save some clicks and some time. Would you mind filling in the template in by editing your original post and include reference to how the feature works in other DAWs?

1 Like

Thanks @brain_tan, appreciate the template filling. I’ve made a few edits to make it a bit more objective. I’ve set a bookmark to come back and move to #features tomorrow so feel free to re-edit if you feel necessary before that point.

1 Like

This would be great. I think automations could be implemented in many ways. I’m going to add 2 thoughts about it here rather than create 2 more topics, but please let me know if I should create topics about this instead.

The ability to drag a straight line of automation up and down simply by clicking in between 2 automation points without selecting anything would be great as well.

The ability of selecting a clip and automatically add 2 automation points per side with one shortcut (so 4 in total) a la logic would also be awesome.

1 Like

The idea is that having one feature request and only one per topic will help votes and implementation better than if one topic contains related and yet different requests.

1 Like