Browser Size Position Memory

Persist the browser window sizes between sessions.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Scrolling, forever scrolling towards freedom. What good is a beautiful new browser if it’s only pokey size by default?

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Relevant links (optional)

@BabelJenga given that they are working on the browser right now, have you sent an email to Bitwig with this request? There have been 12 5.0 beta releases so far (the last one yesterday) and thete have been browser improvements included in most of them (yesterday’s was no exception.

I suggest you send them this request via email to their default address and the beta one.

I dropped them a note, there was I bug I think I picked up also.

1 Like

Scrolling, forever scrolling towards freedom. What good is a beautiful new browser if it’s only pokey size by default?

Can you describe the problem in simple and neutral terms, please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know before, but it works now? This is how I tested this:

1. Open a project.
  2. Create a new track.
  3. Click the + to add a device.
  4. Resize the browser window.
  5. Add the device and save the project.
  6. Close Bitwig. Open Bitwig.
  7. Open a different project. Create a new track. Click the + to add a new device.

The browser window size is the same as I set in the previous session.

1 Like

There’s still the niggle on mine that the browser doesn’t resize until I interact with it using the mouse, and then it jumps to the stored size. This is Windows 10

I tested with Bitwig 5.0.5 on Ubuntu and everything was normal. In any case, at this point this looks like a bug for the Bitwig team and not a feature request on Bitwish. Agreed? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.