Bitwish feature request: select our 1st, 2nd and 3rd most wanted features

I was thinking, if possible, it could be cool if along with our 10 votes, we could select our 1st, 2nd and 3rd most wanted features. Maybe it would be a hassle to setup, but if we had that, it might spotlight what features are the most important to Bitwig users on this forum. I used up my 10 votes pretty quickly, but within those 10, there are a few that I want much more than others I voted on. Anyway, just an idea. Thanks for all the work putting this together.

1 Like

I see the point of this request but there is no Discourse plugin providing this feature as far as I am aware (and I searched). Potential complications:

• We have the 10 votes per person, which are not ranked. Offering now 3 that are ranked while the rest are not would be more messy than rank all of them.
  • Ranked voting is more complex than plain votes, both for the voters and for the developers who have to implement a good UI for it.
  • And once you have the ranked votes, how do you produce one ranking counting all votes? The current 10 vote system is easy, you just sum the votes and rank the options from more to less sum of votes. Meanwhile there are a myriad of ranked voting systems.

One radical (ad yest simple) option would be to offer 3 votes per person instead of 10, or any other number between 1 and 10.