Better handling of large amount of projects

Users with a large amount of projects would benefit from sorting and filtering options already present in the Browser. These features could be added to the project’s list in the Dashboard, or the Browser could be adapted to handle projects as well.

Features already present in the Browser that would be useful for projects as well:

• Search
  • Tag
  • Star
  • Delete
  • Rename

Other features that would be welcome as well (also for the rest of files in the Browser:

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Projects tend to accumulate over time. When the user has a large amount of projects, the current list of projects in the Dashboard is insufficient to find anything but the most recent. In practice, users must rely on memory, external notes, or their system’s file manager.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

Its a faster and a logical Workflow, get what i mentioned above in a shorter way.
Less click is key.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

You can do all this via the File Manager, except sorting Favorite Projects, maybe searching for
specific keywords or timestamps

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

No

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Date modified Sorting - Ableton
Have a Sidebar with Specific Folder - Ableton
Songs direct in the Browser - Renoise

Relevant links (optional)

A suggestion was sent by the author of this request to the support@bitwig, including this mockup:

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: [Draft discussion] Better handling of large amount of projects

I came here to request the ability to Delete proejcts from the Browser and found this. Even better!

+10 on all of the above.

2 Likes

yes, right…its my main feature i want to see…maybe they can add a Audio-PREVIEW-Button as well