Having a dedicated tool with a set of parameters would make creating a multisampled instrument an easy and straightforward process. Parameters may include:
- Overall range of sampling (including a yes/no checkbox for stretching the lowest and highest notes over the edge of a range)
- Amount of notes per range (all the notes, only Cs in each octave, every N notes, etc)
- Note length (from very short for pluck patches to very long for pianos)
- Amount of velocity layers per note
- Velocity values for each layer (either spread evenly, or entered manually by user)
What problem(s) would this feature resolve?
Inability to create multisamples of software and hardware instruments quickly and easily.
How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?
Bitwig has the whole section of multisamples in browser, including keys, synths, pianos, etc, but no easy way of making such a multisample for the end user.
Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?
There is a woraround suggested by Polarity, but it’s limited in options and cumbersome to use. Users need to combine it with Convert with Moss to better handle velocity splits.
Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?
Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?
Samplit, Samplerobot - both paid.
Are there other products that offer this feature?
Logic Pro, MPC.