Having a dedicated tool with a set of parameters would make creating a multisampled instrument an easy and straightforward process. Parameters may include:
- Overall range of sampling (including a yes/no checkbox for stretching the lowest and highest notes over the edge of a range)
- Amount of notes per range (all the notes, only Cs in each octave, every N notes, etc)
- Note length (from very short for pluck patches to very long for pianos)
- Amount of velocity layers per note
- Velocity values for each layer (either spread evenly, or entered manually by user)
Inability to create multisamples of software and hardware instruments quickly and easily.
Bitwig has the whole section of multisamples in browser, including keys, synths, pianos, etc, but no easy way of making such a multisample for the end user.
Logic Pro, MPC.