Add sortable 'name', 'date added', 'date modified', 'file size' and 'kind' to the browser

What is this feature about?

The browser in Bitwig currently only shows the name of the file. Adding ‘date added’, ‘date modified’, ‘file size’ and ‘kind’ to these would allow browser content to be sorted by these parameters.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Viewing by “Date Modified” is sometimes very useful. For example, if I am working on building a sample library, or if I am doing many resamples, I like to have the most recent one at the top.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

The browser is a major component in Bitwig, and it already offers many options to filter. This one would be a natural addition.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Not that I am aware of

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

No

Could it be provided by an STV or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

No

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Most browsers have those. When I was using Ableton, I often would change my browser sorting options.

Relevant links (optional)

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: [Draft discussion] 1 Add sortable ‘name’, ‘date added’, ‘date modified’, ‘file size’ and ‘kind’ to the browser

Bitwig 5 beta 6 just added more sort options, including “date modified”. You can now right click in the browser, and it will give you the new additional options for sorting.

3 Likes