Exporting with higher sample rates

I would appreciate an option to export wav files with 96 kHz sample rates (Via the dropdown that also shows 44.1 and 48 kHz, without having to go to the driver settings).

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

I have a few field/nature recordings in 96 kHz sample rate with some ambience content up to 30 kHz. When doing my post processing (removing clicks, rumbles, etc.), I would like to keep that frequency content to keep my material lossless. When slowing those recordings down, those frequencies become audible. So there is actually a point in keeping it.

I thought this was impossible at first. See below.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

This is a small technical detail, I couldn’t find something from Bitwigs vision that would support it. Since importing higher sample rate files is possible, it just seems natural for me for Bitwig to also offer this in the output.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

Setting the sample rate in the audio driver settings, and selecting “current” in the export sample rate setting, will correctly export it. But this seems a bit hidden. It took me a while to figure this out.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

I don’t know

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

If this is possible, it would probably be more complicated to use than the export window.

Are there other products that offer this feature?

I think Audacity offers more options in the export. But I can’t verify this because Audacity regularly freezes my whole computer, so I certainly won’t try it again.

Relevant links (optional)

Ha, no this is actually possible.

When I set my driver settings to 96000 Hz and select “Current” in the export sample rate setting, it will export it in that rate and it will keep all the higher frequency content.

I guess I would have liked an option in the dropdown for more sample rates though, it would have been easier for me. I’m updating my post.

1 Like

@tobi0760935 Should we archive this wish, then?

Hmm, changing the sample rate of the driver has side effects on xruns and latency, hasn’t it? I think requiring to change the driver rate to be able to export it in other sample rates is not a good solution.

I think bitwig should offer more options in the export menu that are independent of any audio setup (including setting the channels, see Exporting to Mono - #2 by icaria36)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.