[Draft discussion] Additive synthesis in The Grid

Thanks. I just made the edits.

I was just thinking that one more change to the first sentence might be good, because many people wonā€™t know what a sine bank oscillator is.

So, I think maybe a clearer explanation would be something like:

A partials based oscillator in The Grid, similar to the sine bank oscillator in Reaktor. This could then be combined with partial shaping modules to give usable synthesis features, like waveshape, filters, effects etcā€¦

Also, if you donā€™t want to mention Reaktor in the first sentence, maybe something like this:

A partials based oscillator/ Sine Bank oscillator in The Grid together with partial shaping modules to give usable synthesis features, like waveshape, filters, effects etcā€¦

Let me know what you think. Iā€™m fine with how it was before too, but I was worried it might be a bit confusing for people who are unfamiliar with the Sine Bank oscillator in Reaktor.

1 Like

I think the current description is good. ā€œSine bank oscillatorā€ is not a term specific to Reaktor. This request has enough links for readers willing to learn about additive synthesis (like myself just a week ago). :smiley: ā€œSine bank oscillatorā€ is relatively descriptive if you are familiar with sine waves and oscillators. Getting the idea of "partials"just by mentioning them it is more difficult. Everything makes sense as soon as you see an image, so Iā€™ll search one and add it now.

Ok, now that I am searching I cannot find any image that would clarify more than confuse. Letā€™s leave it here. The Bitwig team know what this is about, many voters will know too, and we have intro links for the rest.