Automatic numbering of cue markers

(First time? See Writing a good feature request)

Bitwig markers/cues lacks shortcuts and details. I wish they could make it like in Cubase (attached) for example.

Remove this sentence and write the description of the feature here.

What problem(s) would this feature resolve?

Moving fast in the arrangement view.

How does this feature fit in Bitwig as a product?

It fits well.

Is there already an alternative way to achieve this on Bitwig?

No.

Could it be implemented using Bitwig components or APIs, without Bitwig team’s support?

I dont know.

Could it be provided by a VST or something else reasonably integrated with Bitwig?

Maybe.

Are there other products that offer this feature?

Most DAWs features a good way to move between the locators/markers.

Relevant links (optional)

1 Like

Hi @eNGee, welcome! Can you explain what details exactly are you missing in Bitwig and why? What use do you make of these details ion Cubase (assuming you use this DAW).

Maybe related: Text annotations.

Also, I have re-added the template. All feature requests use this template to help provide the right information and for consistency. It takes more time to produce each request but the end result is more useful.

Hi icaria :slight_smile: Thank you for welcoming me.

The main thing i miss is the shortcuts. A shortcut to add a cue and also to move among the cues.

Currently you can only add by right clicking and add a cue/locator.

Also there is no way to assign any shortcuts to move among the markers, so in short i see no benefits of the markers in Bitwig.
In Cubase for example i can move by shift+n (next) and shift+b (previous). I also can move by pressing the pads keys (1-9).

Sorry, I’ll check this request again later today. Commenting only to avoid that it is closed automatically. :sweat_smile:

Thank you :blush:

Have you seen these shortcuts?

Screenshot from 2022-03-28 05-26-46

1 Like

Oh! It is different than several versions before!

Sorry! I didn’t notice that. So, this can solve most of what I want. But still no shortcuts for Cue 1, 2, 3 …etc.
What I mean no shortcuts for specific cues. Only for next and previous.

Can we change the request to (numbered cues shortcuts) for example? Otherwise, just ignore it :slight_smile:

Thank you,

NG

1 Like

I’m not sure shortcuts for numbered cues would be that useful next to next-previous? It implies that the user would memorize the numbers and arrive to the cue faster than by just repeating “next” shortcuts.

I think it’s very useful (1-9) because i can jump to verse 1 (2) or verse 2 (4 or 5) for example. Even if i don’t remember exactly, it would be a proximate way to go to different sections of the song. Anywsy, Ableton Live doesn’t have this but Cubase, Studio One and Reaper have it.

It would be useful to be numbered automatically instead of “untitled”. It is up to you.

Cheers,

NG

1 Like

@eNGee Ok, so Bitwig already supports shortcuts to specific cue markers (see screenshot). The only thing missing in your request would be to assign cue marker numbers automatically. I will change the title accordingly. Can you (or anyone really) update the description accordingly, please? Once this is done, I will finally move this request to #features.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.